AUTO SERVICE & REPAIR CAMERON PARK
When to call a Mechanic?
Anytime there are warning lights illuminated, it’s time to visit your mechanic. But not every problem, or potential problem, is flagged by a warning light. Problems manifest themselves in different ways depending on the problem. Following are additional indicators that it’s time to schedule an appointment with your auto repair shop.
- Unusual noises; Clunks, rattles, squeaks, chirps, clicking, knocking, pinging.
- Different feel; Hard or soft brake or clutch pedal, vibrations, hard to steer, misfires, loss of power, high idle.
- Colored fluids on the ground; Coolant can be greenish yellow, orange or blue. Power steering and transmission fluids are a reddish color. Engine oil is brownish to black in color.
- Gauges reading differently; Higher or lower.
- Strange smells; Burnt, sulfur, gas, coolant.
You know your car better than anyone. Trust yourself and your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, have it checked out. Refer to System “Descriptions & Operations” for more detailed information.